Test your etiquette knowledge
1. True or False When visiting someone's home for the very first time, it is good etiquette to bring a gift.
2. True or False When an older or elderly person is struggling with parcels or requires a seat, it is correct to immediately help or offer my seat.
3. True or False When receiving a gift from someone, a face to face thank you is sufficient.
4. True or False When your cell phone goes off during a face to face conversation, you should answer your phone so the ringing won't continue too be a disturbance.
5. True or False When making introductions, always mention the oldest persons name first.
6. True or False When a person wants to shake your hand, during these times of H1N1 virus, it is acceptable to decline shaking hands.
7. True or False It is acceptable to spend time on your cell phone calls when you are in the company of other friends.
8. True or False Always use the adults title of Mr./Mrs./Ms. in front of the last name.
9. True or False The bread and butter plate is always located on the right hand side of the formal place setting.
10. True or False The Continental style of dining is the most acceptable dining style in most North American and European countries.
See how you did by checking the answer grid below
Answers: 1. (T) 2. (T) 3. (F) 4. (F) 5. (T) 6. (F) 7. (F) 8. (T) 9. (F) 10. (T)